Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Last Song

Bye for the mean time…


My days there were as if songs. Every day the music turns on and I was there to sing along. Knowing the fact that I love what I’m doing makes it much easier to master every piece but whenever things go wrong, when notes go out of tune and lyrics go out of rhyme, I always strive to keep up. I had the best album for the whole immersion period. Each song is different from the other and I badly don’t want to end making more and more. 
On the second day of February, the last song was played. All I hoped back then was to keep turning it on and never let it stop because I know a sad beautiful goodbye lies in the last note. Our seniors at the hospital spoke about having a program for our last day but we chose to help them in their duties like a normal day. But somehow for me it was more special, it was much better that way because I had the chance to make the most out of my experience with the job environment I hope to have in the future. 
Yes, I did everything I can to make my immersion period super worth it. I didn’t want regret to haunt me when I can no longer do something. So I went to the laboratory and tried venipucture for the seventh time and hoped that that “tusok” would finally be perfect. Well, fortunately I did it, thanks to Clyde’s awesome vein. I also didn’t let even one urinalysis to pass without me doing the chemical tests and centrifuge thing. I also catered the basics for examining poops. I did what I can with my utmost desire because I don’t know when would be next time to do such things or should I say I don’t know if I could ever do it again. I would just cross my fingers for what may happen in the future.
In the afternoon we took the assessment test which comprises the questionnaires from the five departments we’ve been during the whole period of immersion. I could probably say that it was one of the best tests that I took ever, not because I got a great score but because it was so cool engaging with things I never thought I would and so smart to outrun my meticulous way of answering tests that I got a zero score in one part.  The accounting department’s questionnaire was super tricky like “wala jud ko kasagang”. It made me realize that being lazy is prone to mistakes and I should really follow instructions properly, like I MUST take things seriously.
The completion certificates were given, we shared yummy ice creams, took pictures, bid farewells, the day ended, and we were finally done with the good days. It is not the type of goodbye of which everyone was crying. We were keeping up our smiles but I know deep within, our hearts were somehow emotional and hurting for saying goodbye to those awesome times with awesome persons and with our ever wonderful dreams.
Being there was somehow a step close to our dreams as medical professionals. For 12 days, I know my heart beats with those types of rhythm, the songs fit my taste perfectly, and it is where I belong, there where we serve and save people. However, no one knows what the future holds. I may or may not achieve my dreams but as long as I live, I will stay positive. I will continue to work hard and dream for it because great things come to those who wait. For now, goodbye medical field, I’ll be back anytime soon. 

6 comments: