Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Choice

First Day of Immersion

Everyone has their own destiny but not everyone makes the choice to follow it. Me? Well, I’m lucky because I guess I just did.

Back then, I was uncertain of what path I would take for college. Choosing what course to take is like choosing between where I should be and where I wanted to be; and recently, after all the days of deep thinking, doubting and hoping, I finally made my decision.

Pursuing the science of saving lives is the greatest desire of my heart but our financial status is telling me that it would be quite impossible to make it happen for real. Well, the big “but” is nothing can stop a raging heart. I surrounded myself with positivity and yes, I chose to be immersed in the field I wanted to.

The first day of our immersion made me felt so great to the point that I never thought I would have such feeling. It is not because it was a grand welcome but because it filled me with excitement knowing that I’ll be spending my 10 days learning and knowing more about something that I love.

Miguel O. Cabrera Memorial Hospital Corporation (MCMHC) gave us so much to look forward to. Our pretty immersion teacher, who is a Medical Technologist of the hospital, has prepared and settled everything for us. She toured us in the small hospital and introduced us to different departments filled with people of warm smiles. It was not just a mere orientation for the whole day because we were also given the chance to observe their duties in the hospital, ask questions, and perform a little bit (on the pharmacy). We were even able to witness a catheter procedure and indeed it was extraordinary experience for me. Everyone was kind and I knew in that moment that I’d love my stay in this place.

For the whole immersion period, we will be staying one day in the information corner and two days each for the other departments namely: Accounting Department, Pharmacy, Laboratory, and Nurse Station. Our teacher provided us with a well-organized schedule for our assigned department of which we will be doing with a partner. Each department is a whole lot different experience and it is such a nice thought to think of. We will be exposed to different works and we will be able to gain different learning and develop different skills. It might be quite tiring but I know it would all be worth it in the end.

I could feel that I made the right choice and the next days of my immersion will prove it. I would either be gaining motivations or disincentives from this experience and I’m excited to know about it. For now, I am happy for what I chose. It was a hard decision but luckily my heart is more stubborn than I thought. It led me to a decision I would forever be proud of, to a step where I follow my dreams. 

For I believe this is my destiny, therefore this is my choice. 

6 comments: